Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sign. Sealed. Delivered. You're ours.

Dear Finley,
On Monday you became official.

We've been waiting for October 3rd for what feels like years now. Waiting with bated breath until it was signed in ink. Until 10am on Monday morning your name had been Asiimwe Joseph, and then, then with a swirl of her pen the judge changed your name, and you became one hundred percent ours. Our very own, Finley Asiimwe Lane Quisenberry. An American citizen. Recognized by the government as our son.

And even though, it may have only became officially official on Monday, I want you to know my sweet little man you have been in my heart long before you were ever born. You have been my son since the second we got that email from Africa telling us we were matched with a wee little one. You had me from that very instant, and I couldn't stop thinking about you. Not even for one second. I wondered what you would be like and if you would have dimples and a big belly laugh. I couldn't wait to hold you... and now that your home with us my arms still ache to hold you sometimes. Sometimes when your sleeping it's all I can do not to wake you up, cuddle you right then and there. Cover you from head to toe in kisses.

And when you wake up in the morning and I tell you I missed you while you were sleeping, I'm not making that up. I do miss you ever second I'm away from you. It's crazy and maybe a little weird, but I don't care. Some people would say I'm spoiling you. I say I'm just making up for lost time.

Your daddy and I are so in love with you Finley, and no matter where life takes you or what decisions you make in the future we will aways love you. Nothing can change that. We love you to the moon and back.

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

"I carry your heart with me, I carry you in my heart"




THE END. 

6 comments:

Jaclyn M said...

Congratulations!!! So happy he is "officially" your boy even though he has been yours in your heart for a long time!!

Chiconky said...

Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to all three of you!

Jess said...

Congratulations! He is SO lucky to have you!

Heather said...

Please email me! I have a question about your blog! :)

HeatherVonsj@gmail.com

Amber said...

could you please email me too, i have a question about your adoption!

amber.lewis@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

LOVE!!!!