Tuesday, November 10, 2009

book for baby

Dear Baby,
I got an email saying our home study packet was supposed to be mailed yesterday. Which, by my calculations means it should of arrived today. I couldn't wait to get home. I ran all the way to the mailbox, hoping it was in there. But it wasn't..

I'm a bit bummed. All I really want is to start it already, finish it, and mail it back off. I am ready to have you home, because even though I haven't met you yet, I love you. I wonder what you are doing and where you are...if your being held and loved on. I wonder if anyone is telling you that you are special....if your sad and sick or happy and healthy....

I wonder if the second I see you I will know you are to be mine. I wonder if you'll know it and feel it too. I wonder if you call me mommy or mama or mom? ... if you'll like to snuggle and have books read to you...

I hope you do, because bath time and bedtime is my favorite time of the day. I can't wait to dress you in footsie pajamas, pull you into my lap and rock you back and forth, back and forth...

I bought you a book today baby. I can't wait to read it to you.

I love you.

Me



{{and, because I can't buy clothes or toys for baby, I am settling on buying other things ... like this lovely book. It's a must get for everyone. and it will make you laugh. at least go to barnes and nobles and take a gander. it is totally worth the drive. promise. }}



3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

I have to go find it and read it. Love the title!!

I must find one of Elijah and Elizabeth's favorites..."Toddlerobics"...it is adorable and has kids of lots of different races in it...a girl who looks kind of like Bethie and a little boy (whose bee-hind crack keeps showing) who looks like your sweet baby brother....I always say on the one page, "Lijah Mueller pull your britches up" and he laughs...super sweet...just might have to get it for baby for Christmas!! xo

Tiffany said...

I love following your photography blog and was so excited when I saw your post that you guys are adopting. Many congratulations! What an exciting journey!!!!!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a special letter to your little one. My heart is thrilled to be able to follow your journey through this blog. I see your mom in you!! Hugs..