Monday, March 1, 2010

...birthday wishes...

I remember last year on my birthday, me and Ry saying "aww, next year we might be parents.."

and even though we weren't ready to be parents yet, I remember getting teary eyed and wishing so very much that that might be the case.

...and today, it is next year. and even though you are already out there waiting for me, I don't get to celebrate beside me...

All I want to do is see your face, and know the name we will give you...

...Until today, I had forgotten that when I was little I wished for a baby brother on my birthday as I blew out my candles.. and five short little days later we got a call that there was a baby brother waiting for me in Korea...

and so, because of this I bought myself a jumbo pack of birthday candles baby. I'm going to wish on my breakfast that you'll be home soon, my lunch that I'll spend part of April in Uganda. I will blow out candles on my dinner...and my desert. I will be wishing all day that you were here to celebrate with me. I will be praying you home.

and if I'm lucky..

my wish just might come true like it did so many years ago...



{{Me and brother in 1986... he was, without a doubt, my best {late} birthday present..so far...}}

3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Awwww, made me cry, sweet baby girl....you were so sweet only wanting your baby for your birhday wish....and sure enough - that little guy came home just 7 weeks later...

I am praying for your precious baby to come soon - cause we are soooo stinkin' stoked...

We love you birthday girl - we love you oh-so-much!! Can't wait to see you {soon!}!!

Mama Quiz said...

We will be in on your wish and remember we pray for that little one all the time! There is a Grandma that is pretty excited about meeting that sweet little face too!!

ellieshine said...

you made me cry too, and I'm not even your mom :)

I'm a bit of a stalker - love love love your blogs - and your heart :)

my third and fourth children came from Ukraine and China. Waiting for them was so difficult! before you know if you'll be holding "baby"!