Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dear Baby Q,

We went to Santa Barbara over the weekend to play with your Padrino Erik and Nina D, and while we were there your daddy and I bought you a beautiful fern to sit atop your dresser. It's a lovely little thing.

We've named her Lou.

I was a bit obsessed with getting you a dresser last week. It was all I could think about. So get you a dresser we did.

It's vintage and beautiful, but also way bigger then I was imagining.  We had to rearrange the furniture in our room a bit and move your rocking chair to the living room, but in the end I am very pleased with how it worked out.

The dresser has five drawers and each one is big. There is enough room for your socks and diapers and onesies in the top two drawers and the bottom three are big enough for your clothing from when you get home til your a toddler. It clean and simplistic so it's prefect for our home. Perfect for you.

And now mommy is spending all her free time folding your little shirts and pants and putting them away. Of course I still pull them out and look at them every chance I get...

... I try to imagine you in them, in our room. Cuddling with you. Rocking you. Putting you to sleep. Jumping on the bed...

{{I can't wait til your home with us. We miss you so much. }}

In other news, mommy has been searching for some cute little things for you. My current obsession? Crib sheet and bumper fabric. I'm going to have your Grandma make them for me.




Loving the lions... 

but the circus is so darling too...



I can't wait to meet you my little one. 
I think about you always.
I carry you in my heart. 
xxoo

Mommy

3 comments:

James 1:27 Family said...

All of this "nesting" is so precious. Can't wait to see him in your arms forever.

Love in Jesus,
Amy

Scrappy quilter said...

It is definitely precious. And here I thought we'd get to see a picture of the dresser. Hint, hint.

Amber said...

My Mom and I vote for the lion print. It's very cute!