Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Throw the clocks away and run into the street

Dear baby,
Today I was talking on the phone to your Mimi and Aunty Em{they're still trying to guess the name we think will be yours. Relentless.} and, as they were guessing and we were chatting about you, all of a sudden I realized what day it is.
I thought it was mid August.
Or the 20th at latest.
I still thought we had a few weeks to wait. And I was okay with that.
But no, it's the 25th of August.
Meaning in a week they will move you to your foster home...
A week baby.
A week.
{!!}
..and shortly after that, we will get a picture of you, our sweet little man.
And then we'll be able to finally name you.

...And when people ask if we have children I'll be able to show off your picture.
Oh hold on while I whip out an iphone album. 
Why yes, he does have his mommy's eyes.
And I'll beam.
So proud to call you my son.
So proud to be your mommy.

I love you my sweet asiimwe. ♥

xxoo



3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Hmmm could the name be Quinton? I can't wait to hear what you will be calling your little man. And I can just hear his Aunty and MiMi wanting, no begging to know the name. Not too patient those two, lol.

Scrappy quilter said...

I forgot to say I'm Loving it that you are especially keeping MiMi waiting....she loves to do that to all of us, lol.

JenB said...

Oh my gosh. I have a feeling you're going to make me cry with these. How precious. I can't tell you how excited I am for you guys. Y'all are awesome. We love you.