Sunday, October 17, 2010

Straight in a straight line running {to you..}

“Fly me away on an aeroplane
high in the sky…

….miles and miles of sun
endless roads
twist on”

Our bags our packed and sitting by the door and my stomach is a bunch of knots in nervous anticipation. We’ve been waiting for this day for so long.

So so long.

My hands are tingling and at any moment I might burst into tears in between the smile that I can’t seem to wipe from my face. It’s a flurry of excitement, a rewriting of todo lists. Checking and double checking we have everything we need. Today, husband man and I are heading out on a trip that will ultimately change our lives.

Tomorrow we will arrive in Uganda, Africa. We will be picked up by a dear man named Godfrey whom we love even though we have never met him. And then, then.

Then, tomorrow afternoon, Godfrey will take us to meet our son.

Finley Lane.

I keep trying to picture what it will be like to meet him in person. How he will feel in my arms.

I can’t seem to think straight and my heart is running a million miles a minutes.

We are so excited and nervous and happy…

there are simply no words for this feeling I have right now.

We're coming sweet baby boy. Mommy can't wait to finally hold you in these arms of mine. I love you bunches.

No comments: