Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happiness here it comes

We are descending.
Out the window I glimpse the brilliant city of San Francisco stretching out below us.
And then the plane turns and there is a flash of blue sky.
The wheels come out, squeaky and loud. Finley looks up at me with his big wide eyes.
I assure him it's okay, and he proceeds to suck his little finger.
He lays his other hand atop mine.
The wheels of the plane touch the ground just as I rest my chin on his head.

"Welcome to America my little man"

6 comments:

MrsMann said...

Welcome home sweet handsome little Finn! Can not wait for the day when I can meet you face to face.

Shauna said...

Abi! All of these posts have put a lump in my throat the size of a melon! I love you, Finn and Ryan! *sniffle sniffle* Keep 'em coming.

Scrappy quilter said...

It's so good to hear you are home.
Hugs

Mom Of Many said...

What a beautiful country we live in = that welcomes treasures from afar...home forever...we are so blessed!! And Mimi is so tickled! Can't wait to hold him in our arms!

- Sarah :-) said...

This is beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys... what a journey and man you have come a long way (both figuratively and literally), but how awesome for you!! And litle Finn is absolutely adorable.

Congrats again!!

Sherri said...

Congrats to you all three! So happy you have your little one home!!

God Bless!

Sherri